Marija Macri - Running 70km to save life



Athletic club Kraljevo from Serbia will organize humanitarian race in Kraljevo on 13th of June, dedicated to cerebral palsy local society, gathering the money from the race fee. Our club is well known about organizing  track & field meetings and ''Ibar Orthodox New Year's '' cross country race.

That's the reason  we had interview with Marija Macri,  Australian runner with Macedonian origins, who is struggling to give his son Marc better and comfortable life. Marija is prominent member of STEPTEMBER - Australian fundraising organisation and also annual fundraising event.


Marija told us little more about organisation and her habit to run. - STEPtember is an annual fundraising event held throughout the world to raise vital funds for cerebral palsy research and services. ... Teams raise money by organizing sponsorship from personal networks and/or through organizing their own STEPtember fundraising events

We raise funds for children and adults who live with Cerebral Palsy. The money goes towards equipment, research, programs, and therapy.- said Marija Macri.

Marija has so much motivation for doing such a humane running event. In October last year she ran 70 km in order to spread consciousness and fundraise money for cerebral palsy sufferers. People actually care about their movement and showing solidarity by donating money.
STEPtember event Marija with her family

Marija Macri is daughter of famous Macedonian middle distance runner, Stevče Georgievski (Стевче Георгиевски) and still macedonian record holder on 5,000m. This record is, believe or not, actually 39 years old. This very talented athlete was also in 1980 Yugoslavian national team in Balkan cross country championship where he won GOLD MEDAL. Later he moved to Australia, where he lives nowadays.
Marija Macri, his son Marc and her father Stevce Geo
rgievski

Marija find inspiration in her father so she decided to be runner, too. - I use to run and train with my dad for 4km Runs but nothing like long Marathons. I always won at my school for long distance. I have been training for this event from February. With some ideas from dad and mine I achieved what I have been wanting to do. My Dad Ran 70kms at same age as I am now 33yrs- said Marija Macri.
                                            Balkan cross country championship in 1980


''Its amazing to know and have a father that they call a legend. I'm very proud of him of his success. Dad's courage and strength influence me a lot. And I always wanted to run and be as good as him.
Seeing all of my dad's achievements has put a big smile on me and I know how hard he worked as well when he was training
being beside me... I wouldn't have it any other way.''- Marija Macri.
h

Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Trener AK Kraljevo Ana Savić na usavršavanju u Južnoj Koreji

Pet atletičara Kraljeva na Finalu Kupa Srbije u Kraljevu (FOTO)

Bogat predstojeći atletski vikend kraljevačkih atletičara